windtalkers letterboxd

windtalkers letterboxd

Reviews Review policy and info. Nicolas Cage Adam Beach Peter Stormare Noah Emmerich Mark Ruffalo Jason Isaacs Christian Slater Frances O'Connor Keith Campbell Martin Henderson Holmes Osborne Simon Rhee, C.O. Windtalkers. Windtalkers is the thirty-seventh film listed in the Wikipedia filmography of Nicolas Cage and that is why I watched it. Una película que habla sobre las obligaciones que deben de seguir los soldados de alto rango para poder completar su misión, sea el precio que sea, y una vez completada son premiados con medallas insignificantes, mientras que a los muertos ya nadie los recuerda. He routinely deploys abrupt bursts of kinetic energy, like a stuntman twirling into the air after an explosion or a sudden rip of machine gun fire shredding a body, creating a physical sensation of anxiety and release that perfectly compliments his unvarnished, classically melodramatic pent up male emotion. Two U.S. Marines in World War II are assigned to protect Navajo Marines, who use their native language as an unbreakable radio cypher. edit: I've just read online that this is the war movie with the highest body count ever. Margrettmcferron. Seine bockige Ader zum Ende des Filmes macht mich…. Windtalkers 2002 ★★★★ Watched Oct 13, 2015. Review by Otto (has some bad taste) ★★★★. Woo should be better recognized as a director of war movies, he's made more of them than 'heroic bloodshed' films at least. So I'm not sure what's missing in the removed half hour outside of…, "Diese Review kann Spuren von Werbung enthalten", Amerikanische Ureinwohner helfen den United States of A unter der Regie eines Chinesen beim Sieg gegen die Japaner im Pazifik, welches von Hawaii gedoubelt wurde. Without a doubt Woo's best American film, and one of the better war movies of the century so far. All the war movie cliches are played completely straight (with Mark Ruffalo getting a lot of scenes where he says stuff like "When I get outta the war, I'm starting an orange farm on the cliffs of Mykonos!" It is based on the real story of Navajo code talkers during World War II. Defienden lo mismo (su patria) y tienen el mismo…. work in progress. I can only assume the film failed because it was simply too dark: a war film that…. Moviepilot. There's no real nuance, the Japanese occupation force is treated more like bags of balloons full of red liquid sentient enough to fire guns and the movie alternates between prolonged awesome carnage worthy of the name John Woo and silly bonding melodrama also worthy of the name John Woo. In Woo's deeply Catholic work, frailty, both of the body and the spirit, links us as human beings. When they die, it should feel like a victory; it should feel like something has been won. Windtalkers 2002 ★★★★ Watched Aug 19 , 2020 Jamie Miller’s review published on Letterboxd: The film essentially shows how ignorant…. Retour à l'accueil . Conventional wisdom says John Woo crapped out between Face/Off and Red Cliff, I guess it's technically true, but I still had a really good time with this. Windtalkers 2002 ★★★★½ . Joe Enders is a gung-ho Marine assigned to protect a "windtalker" - one of several Navajo Indians who were used to relay messages during World War II because their spoken language was indecipherable to Japanese code breakers. But the relentless violence isn't numbing. Toutes les éditions Blu-ray et DVD du film "Windtalkers, les messagers du vent", déjà disponibles ou prochainement dans les bacs, à acheter ou à louer. This review may contain spoilers. A (never-ending?) Windtalkers received negative reviews from critics. The film holds a 32% approval rating from Rotten Tomatoes, based on 167 reviews. Roger Ebert gave the film two stars, remarking that "the filmmakers have buried it beneath battlefield cliches, while centering the story on a white character played by Nicolas Cage". Video content from Letterboxd, the social network for film lovers. Unforgettable. 2015 Windtalkers (3_10) Movie CLIP - Yahzee Meets Ender (2002) HD . I've always wondered if war films should count as action films, since they do contain the necessary ingredients to be classified as such, but I think the issue is that the action and violence in war films are supposed to be tragic. I reject the idea that this film doesn't focus on the Navajo code talkers, as Adam Beach's Ben Yahzee is just as much a central fixture as Cage's character. This film aggressively drives home its horrors of war ideology, and Woo's trademark heroic bloodshed and brotherhood are pushed to almost comical levels. Film data from TMDb. Really hoping for an alternate cut to come out that has a coda about Christian Slater bringing fruit yogurt to the United States. Or else become bored. I liked this more than when I saw it in 2002, but it still suffers from a dopiness that crosses a line from being lovably Woo to just plain patience testing (perhaps because it deals so directly with race and religion?). Anyway, this film probably has the most explosions and deaths I've seen in a film, and as exhausting as it is, watching Cage power through the battlefields as an engine of destruction is always entertaining. For being such a revered action movie director, this movie sure has some boring action. I don't think that Windtalkers is John Woo's best American film as some have said, but it's definitely one of his biggest and most tragic works. Overall, Windtalkers is a war movie that is driven on a clichéd story. Some people may like the film, while others may despise it. I am stuck in the middle. I liked many aspects of the film, but other aspects were just doomed to failure such as the story and authenticity. Each…, The futility of gorgeously lensed violence. Sean Connors’s liked films, reviews and lists. Letterboxd est un service en ligne se présentant comme votre journal de bord en matière de cinéma. It only hurts more as time goes on. It doesn't stop. I can't see the end. He has a death wish, but it also seems like he only has catharsis in killing, and maybe if he kills just one more enemy soldier he'll kill his own depression. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google privacy policy and terms of service apply. 4. Woo always seemed meant for making a war film, as his set pieces often play like mini wars, and his films always overflow with humanity and emotion. Anything with more than 1,000 views on Letterboxd that’s longer…. Windtalkers: A soldier who’s been through it during World War II is reassigned to protect Indian soldiers who can decypher the enemy’s messages without getting caught. For some reason there is a small handful of people on Letterboxd that loves this movie for some reason, however, its average rating is kind of low, which it should be. Sadly I was left disappointed with what was delivered to me as the film seems to show potential on its themes and ideas but fails to make them impacting or chronically interesting. Woo always seemed meant for making a war film, as his set pieces often play like mini wars, and his films always overflow with humanity and emotion. 0:34. Nic Cage plays a soldier again, but this time he’s fighting for the US and not the Italians. It goes on and on. It's definitely not Woo on top form, apparently the studio took the film away from him and made it less graphic, which if you watch the film is a hilarious thought. Personal choices. Windtalkers 2002 ★★★½ . Join here. cut] Immediately after finishing this, I had to rewatch the Omaha beach scene from SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, just to check if this had some of the best action I've seen in a war movie, and sure enough, it does. The film touches on the racial tension between the white and Native Americans, with the former side feeling little comfort with their presence. Jack is using Letterboxd to share film reviews and lists with friends. It goes on and on. I get that this is Woo's specialty, but there is so much violence here in every form that I felt like I needed to unwind after finishing, but maybe that's the point. Woo should be better recognized as a director of war movies, he's made more of them than 'heroic bloodshed' films at least. Hello. It was nice watching John Woo managing and directing a big war scenario. Jan In the Cold of the Night is De Palma on a bender, a coke hazed post-Miami Vice lurid and horny nightmare with sex scenes that… Windtalkers (9_10) Movie CLIP - The Death of Sgt. Watched Windtalkers - Clip 2. All Films ; Fandango US ; Amazon US ; Amazon Video US ; iTunes US ; Upgrade to a Letterboxd Pro account to add your favorite services to this list—including any service and country pair listed on JustWatch—and to enable one-click filtering by all your favorites.. Powered by JustWatch 1:00. Quizá redundante en su forma, pero con un guión que trata con cariño el vínculos de etnias diferentes que luchan bajo la misma bandera. Trending Spiral (2021 film) Trending. Para professores e…. Cage is probably not the right actor for this role, I'm sad to say. Spiral (2021 film) 1:00:14. Made by fans in Auckland, New Zealand. This was a solid war movie. Spiral Cast Pitch Annoying Saw … This film aggressively drives home its horrors of war ideology, and Woo's trademark heroic bloodshed and brotherhood are pushed to almost comical levels. I came into this film with almost no expectations as I have never seen a John Woo film before. Report this film. Slater and Cage get some fun scenes together, and seeing two Woo veterans participating in this together is pretty neat. Rewatched Apr 12, 2015. matt lynch’s review published on Letterboxd: The war action here is unparalleled, absolutely brutal and dynamic, constantly in motion, light years beyond even Spielberg's iconic stuff, because almost no other filmmaker understands the intrinsic beauty of violence as well as John Woo. This began as an open-ended project about…, Every movie mentioned, referenced, or discussed on the podcast "Cum Town", Each movie has a list of episodes in which…, Tyler Jirinec-Parker 1,270 films 621 24 Edit, Films that I believe are underrated, under-seen, not talked about enough or that are nowhere near as bad as their…, The complete starting list for TSPDT's ranking of the 21st Century's Most Acclaimed Films. Review by Filipe Furtado Pro. Nic Cage does a great job in the center role and he shows great chemistry with Adam Beach, the actor who played his Navajo Marine. Christian Slater does a good job as Anderson, and I also liked the performances of Mark Ruffalo and Noah Emmerich. Overall, Windtalkers is a war movie that is driven on a clichéd story. Watch Windtalkers Full Movie 2002. jons ardell. Made by fans in Auckland, New Zealand. C. O. Erickson was the executive producer. To say it overstays its welcome is an understatement as this lasts for more than two hours, which could be spent so much better elsewhere. 2021. Windtalkers tells a World War 2 story of Joe Enders who is assigned to protect an American Indian marine as he is trained to use his native language to deliver and receive code transmissions during battle. Nico Mastorakis, what a character! Plenty of stock material in the soldiers exchange, but the emotional clarity never falters and he coordinates mayhem like the best of them. Do you see it coming? Filmes de História Geral em ordem cronológica / General History Films in chronological order / Películas de Historia General en orden cronológico, TSPDT: The 21st Century's Most Acclaimed Films - starting list (fully updated for 2021). Windtalkers is not a film for the faint of heart, but it's definitely worth watching, and it's cool to see the Navajo code talkers get their story in a major blockbuster. A film about how Japan lost the war due to a lack of ethnic diversity. More details at Well, Woo's action here is some of the best war action I've seen, and it seems the most like a normal action's film action, albeit with obvious war themes. With Nicolas Cage, Adam Beach, Peter Stormare, Noah Emmerich. Christian Slater even has a pretty big role, and it's cool to see Woo work with the same people (Chow Yun-fat three times, Nicolas Cage twice, Christian Slater twice, John Travolta twice). This is an exhausting film, with possibly too much action and combat. Join here. Lo interesante que aparece acá y que claramente representa la película, es que estas dos muy separadas y aparentemente diferentes culturas, no son tan diferentes en realidad. Directed by John Woo. Windtalkers (6_10) Movie CLIP - Call in the Code (2002) HD. Joe Enders is a gung-ho Marine assigned to protect a "windtalker" - one of several Navajo Indians who were used to relay messages during World War II because their spoken language was indecipherable to Japanese code breakers. Woo always seemed meant for making a war film, as his set pieces often play like mini wars, and his films always overflow with humanity and emotion. But it’s not, it was made in 2002, in the US and so it’s terrible. This has one of the highest body counts I've seen, but the disregard for human life is perfectly acceptable within the context of the film. Maybe if you like war films you'd be into this... Not my cup of tea though definitely not a bad movie. Collapse. smililucy. Directed by John Woo. 0:28. [153 Minute DC]. 2:00. Enjoy!!! smililucy. Resulta ser una buena película bélica. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google privacy policy and terms of service apply. One would think I'd just stop caring, that I'd just shut down. Windtalkers Part 1 of 16. desireebehn. 0:29. 2:43. Sadly I was left disappointed with what was delivered to me as the film seems to show potential on its … MyMovies_International. None of Woo's ideas are abstract here, such as the idea that whoever isn't physically killed by the war is emotionally and spiritually killed, and Enders exemplifies this. Name Rating Like Review; MisterGik Activity for film 2002 Grandisima película bélica que pone en escena la Segunda Guerra Mundial para abarcar desde ella el choque entre culturas.El primero y más obvio choque se da entre el estadounidense promedio (la gran mayoría de los soldados) y los japoneses. Enders (2002) HD. Perhaps 2002 wasn't the right time for WINDTALKERS—getting lumped into that wave of post-PRIVATE RYAN war flicks with PEARL HARBOR and WE WERE SOLDIERS. This is a John Woo movie, which if it was made pre-94 in Hong Kong, would be a good thing. None of Woo's ideas are abstract here, such as the idea that whoever isn't physically killed by the war is emotionally and spiritually killed, and…. James Hrivnak’s review published on Letterboxd: Certainly not the best thing Woo's done for Hollywood, but not as bad as its rep suggests. © Letterboxd Limited. John Woo gets punished for making melodrama when faux Oscar bait somberness is expected, but this remains a rather affecting film. Every single character is full of patriotism, which makes my eyes roll. And the Japanese enemy soldiers should be hollow figures; nothing obvious is done to make them human. WINDTALKERS ist kein verkanntes Meisterwerk, doch es lohnt sich, ihn wieder und neu zu entdecken. From frame one till the end credits roll, it’s clear that Nicolas Cage is fighting demons, he’s been through some shit. Adding an extra star for that! Film data from TMDb. There's a relentlessness to the violence here that should be numbing, skirmish after skirmish, battle after battle, blood spurting, bombs exploding, men flailing in agony. The Japanese are nameless, faceless drones, and the fact that any death still registers by the third act is not unintentional. See how many number of films there are in the… Sure, it has a good budget, but the action itself is soulless and bland. 01, Lists that include Windtalkers. No es éste el foco de la película pero aparece de todas formas, por ejemplo, cuando vemos a los soldados tomando sake.El segundo sí es mucho más importante en la película y es el choque entre esos estadounidenses ya nombrados y los navajos. And I cannot tell, in the arc of the story, which battle will be the last one. Sometimes, but the execution is all the more sad and unexpected how Woo shoots it. 15:05. HannibalChew’s review published on Letterboxd: [134min. Windtalkers is a 2002 American war film directed and co-produced by John Woo, starring Nicolas Cage, Adam Beach, Peter Stormare, Noah Emmerich, Mark Ruffalo, and Christian Slater. Windtalkers 2002 ★★★★ Watched Mar 08 , 2021 I’m The only Juan’s review published on Letterboxd: Djabriil Ansari. He's the only actor…, A ranked list of the Chinese-language movies I've seen since November of 2013. Spiral Chris Rock Review Spoiler Discussion .

Shop Task Toronto, Easiest Swing In Golf 2019, Alexandre Lapandry Et Sa Copine, Cour D'appel De Bordeaux Liste Des Experts 2020, Classement Hollande 1, Calendrier Phoenix Suns, Les Pensées D'héractète, Unable To Install Additional Sdk Platform Unity, Le Petit Marseillais Journal Archives,

No Comments

Post a Comment

Comment
Name
Email
Website